Friday, September 9, 2011

Hello Ladies, did someone call for a Superhero?

So, the demon daughter had her first football game that she was cheering for last night.  The fun started at 6:05am that day when she couldn't find her socks....Yes, wake up, mother! because I have lost something in my tornado induced bedroom where I have thrown everything on the floor and you can't even see that I have a floor, and their is something questionable on my window sill and when you enter, you have to gasp at the smell and pull your shirt over your mouth so you don't automatically hurl.  I told her last week to clean her room and she screamed "Mother, I will!!!" Hence where I got the name, Demon child.  Yup, so she found her sock cause I wouldn't get out of bed.  Then, at 6:20 it's "Mother, get up so you can drive me to the bus stop, because it's dark, and I can't walk down there in time, cause the driveway is 3 miles long and I will miss the bus, and I think it's starting to rain, which will ruin my hair.  Ugh~ So, I get up, throw on shoes, grab my keys and drive the little demon down the driveway.  Did I mention that when I was young, I had to walk 5 miles to MY bus stop in the snow and rain and tornadic weather..and it was uphill both ways? Did I tell you? Huh? Cause it was rough.  But I digress....So, then I get a phone call that screams "Mother! I need you to bring me nail polish remover, cause I didn't remove the bright orange nail polish from my fingers and the cheerleading director will yell at me!  Yea, I'll get right on that.  Let me drop what I am doing, and drive the finger nail polish remover down to you cause you were too lazy, or forgetfull, or whatever to do it earlier.  So, then she calls me at 2:25pm, where r u?  I'm in Norwalk buying you groceries for your lunches, cause you don't want to stand in the lunch line for 480 minutes for glue like macaroni and cheese.  So, then I get a phone call at 2:50pm, 3:20pm, 3:45pm, and 4:05 pm.  I am dodging my calls.  Damn kid, leave me alone already! geez.  Then I finally pick up at 4:06 and explain that I am on my way home from Norwalk, with the 4 yr old nephew, who wants to go to the football game, but I'm under the sneaking suspicion that he does not care about the foot ball game, he just wants his Aunt Tina to buy him popcorn.  I explain, that I will bring it before the game, and this is not my problem that she forgot, and I wasn't making a special trip to bring her nail polish remover.

One thing that was cute though, is my nephew.  We were on our way to my house and I asked him how his first day of preschool went, he said, fine.  I asked him what his teacher's name was.  He said "I'm not going to tell you right now."  WTF?  Is it a secret? I then said, okay, what are the names of your friends you made today.  again,  "Aunt Tina, I don't want to tell you "  Fine! I didn't want to know anyway!  I was just making conversation! lol  damn kid.....

So we arrive to the football game, Katie wipes her nails off, we carry our chairs to sit, cause we brought Tyrone so we have to sit below the bleachers for his wheelchair.  The game starts, and then the nephew says he wants popcorn...we go up to snack bar, of course, no popcorn....would you like something else?  "Yea, popcorn"  There is no popcorn.   "But I want some"  Oh, okay, well snack bar lady, you see, he wants some.  So snap to it!  No go...how bout some nice m&m's...I mean, you're not sleeping over at Aunt Tina's so, here's the big bag!  YAY!  we walk back to our seats and then here comes the massive black clouds over us...we're fucked.  Downpour...I was having a good hair day too...damn rain.  So, we run to the van and pile in and go home.  The boy says..."my m&m's got wet"  ugh, oh well, get over it kid.  Home we go, I say, you better change your pants cause those are all wet..he immediately drops his drawers in the kitchen and says okay.  I think he's going to be a stripper when he grows up.  I picture him dressed up as Capt America, opening the door to the bachelorette party he's attending, saying something like..."Hello ladies, did someone call for a Superhero, cause I am here!  Anyways, it was a pretty good day.  Other than answering 1000 questions from the boy during the evening...Why did you get pepperoni on the pizza? Why are we drinking juice? Who is that boy?  Why are those kids wearing those shorts?  Do we have to pay for our tickets here? Which way do I walk? Will you hold my hand?  Why are those cheerleaders yelling? What do you mean I can't have popcorn? 

Well, the team lost, the cheerleaders looked great, despite the one girl who had bright orange traces of fingernail polish in the corners of her nails...It was incredibly noticeable.  Not....

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Too funny. Not having popcorn had to be disappointing though.

    ReplyDelete