Thursday, June 16, 2011

You wrote a check to WHO??

Tyrone's poor mother is in a nursing home...she is 87 years old and such a cute lil old lady.  She can be feisty though.  Pat and I went to visit her yesterday.  We brought her a hot fudge sundae which she proceeded to devour as soon as I placed it in front of her.  She thanked me and admitted she couldn't remember my name...that's okay, she had been asking about me previously.  "Where's that girl that takes care of you? "  I used to bring her a cappuccino every time I visited, I am aware of the fact that she probably only likes the fact that I bring her stuff.  So, she didn't mean...where is that girl, she meant, how come that girl hasn't brought me anything lately?  I feel bad because Tyrone's brother Dan, who takes Tyrone to see her every Sunday usually won't stop anywhere to buy her anything.  But I am the one, the golden one...who brings treats in order to buy her love~  Anyway, I have been taking care of people for 9 years and handling doctor's appointments, bills, and balancing checkbooks for too long, so when I saw a pile of unopened mail awaiting me, I dove right in.  First of all, I would like to state that charities are a wonderful thing, EXCEPT, when they prey on senile older people and tell them they need to donate money!  She gets more freakin' charities that prey on these people, who have no clue that they just sent them $75 two weeks before, because they can't remember, so they send them another $75 this week!  I believe that their staff meetings consist of this.. "Hey Bob!  Let's send out letters to all the nursing homes and put a picture of a bald child on the front, so they feel bad and send us money!"  "Sounds good, Bill! And then we can put inside a freaking gazillion address labels with their name misspelled, and note pads that they will NEVER use, cause they already have 876 million, along with 457 tiny mini calendars with the print so small their little cataract eyes can't see anyway! "  "Alright, that's great! Now let's go to lunch! "

This is what I believe...so I threw away a shitload of paper yesterday, and come to the bottom of the pile, where I find unpaid doctor bills, from April 2011.  This is what happens when you put a man in charge who works 50 hours a week and has zero patience for calling doctor offices.  So I start the phone calls...it seems the insurance company hasn't been paying their part, and the dr office then sends her a bill with the remaining balance due, which she then writes a check and pays.  Except, the insurance company is supposed to pay these bills, so she has been paying what she shouldn't....Cripes~  So, I brought her checkbook home and all her bank statements to balance her checkbook, which has not been balanced since the beginning of time...Oh well, this is how I will spend my summer vacation.  I totally prefer to balance Tyrone's checkbook, he writes 3 checks each month...that's it..lol  And he would kill me if I sent $75 to the wounded seamstresses of Idaho or some other effed up charity...

No comments:

Post a Comment